Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Life

You know those rare moments you come across in life that stay with you forever? I had one of them today. I went to lunch with someone I've known for a long while now - someone I've admired and appreciated and tried to be a friend to for years, but who is so reserved in his nature that I could never really tell if he really took notice or even cared beyond the casual. Today he opened up a bit on a very personal level, and said a few things, and made me realize that yes, I have made a real friend. And I felt very special because of it. And humbled.

I still do.

And this on top of another person I've known for a few years who made me realize Sunday night she had also become a friend over the years, rather than just a gaming buddy. Sometimes I feel stupid, and Sunday was one of those times.

So there you have it. Stupid and humbled, all in less than 48 hours. What could be better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home