Friday, May 23, 2008

Dexcom, Silicon Labs, Kublacon 2008

So... even though I followed the troubleshooting guide on Silicon labs' website, and wrote to them as specifically requested IN the guide (read the next-to-last sentence), they refuse to help because the device is manufactured by Dexcom.

Dexcom won't do anything either - either I run a Windows machine or I'm SOL as far as they are concerned (considering this is a medical device company and this functionality is a critical part of managing a disease, I am really curious as to whether this breaks some laws).

Essentially, both companies would rather not even try; Dexcom sources the controller from Silabs so Silabs ignores me, and Dexcom don't understand it and won't help either nor would they interface with Silabs to see if they would be willing to help.

The sad part? it will probably take a Silabs engineer 1 minute to say what's wrong based on the log I sent. The troubleshooting guide published by Silabs is pretty explicit in saying that they can help figure out the error codes which is why I should write them, only when I do, they don't want to help.

Great.

Anyway, I'm off to Kublacon, so I won't be posting again till next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home