Monday, June 09, 2008

4th Edition

So a couple days ago I placed my pre-order for the new Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition core book gift set from Amazon... the price really is quite good.

As a sidenote, I am somewhat concerned for store owners who simply would not be able to match it or even get near. I paid $57 including shipping, which is just over half MSRP. I'd be willing to pay maybe 20% more to a store - meaning $70 or so - but that still leaves them at a loss.

In any case, yesterday night I found out from a friend that the master PDFs for the books are available online as a torrent file, which is neat, even if I really do want to have the hard covers already (June 23rd? come ON, Amazon!). Anyhoo, just finished downloading them, can't wait to see what's in store; I kept myself blind to 4th edition changes for the past few months so I could be surprised upon release.

Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home