Friday, June 13, 2008

Dexcom - an unexpected problem

So last night my daughter, by mistake, ripped a sensor out of my arm.

I've had several almost-rans, but this was for real; being a little too excited and trying forcibly to position herself just right for a bedtime story, she managed to cause the sensor to be pulled off.

Beyond the pain - which is considerable - one has to consider that this is a $60 mistake, the cost of one sensor.

Talk about an ouchie.

I really do hope sensors will come down in price as more competition enters the market. One of the motivations to move them from abdomen to upper arm was that I kept being worried by this exact scenario occurring when I rolled around with the kids. While I'm sure I saved at least a couple of sensors from a similar fate, apparently my strategy isn't fullproof.

It really kinda sucks when playing with your kid causes you to eat sixty bucks.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home