Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Another Navigator supply related horror

So after the interruption in December, and eventual resumption of ordering on 12/27, I was very acutely aware that CCS Medical, my device supplier, is supposedly having some issues.

Well, my new sensor order was supposed to come out 1/24, but as 1/26 came and went, I had a sinking feeling this was going to be bad. I called on 1/27.

CCS: your insurance company didn't authorize the shipment
Me: why?
CCS: missing documentation.
Me: what do you need?
CCS: it's not from you, it's from your doctor. We tried reaching them but they are not replying.
Me: I'll take care of it.

So I did. On 1/28 CCS received the fax back from my doctor's office, but it was after closing time EST so I had to wait until Monday to speak to CCS again.

Monday morning came, and I called them.

Me: I got the doctor's office to send you the information.
CCS: OK, we'll take it from here.
Me: please let me know when the order goes out.
CCS: Sure, we'll put a note about that.

Tuesday afternoon, I call CCS.

Me: so what's the deal?
CCS: oh, sorry, there's more documentation needed. We're getting a package out to your doctor.
Me: what?!
CCS: not our fault, it's your insurance.

I call Blue Cross.

Me: what is this all about?
BC: what is what all about?
Me: what documentation do you still need? how can I make this happen? my last sensor is in, I'm going to be out Thursday.
BC: sorry sir, we have no idea. Our system doesn't even show a request for authorization from CCS Medical.
Me: Wha...?!!
BC: tell you what. Why don't we conference CCS into the call.
Me: great idea!

The wonderful lady at BC (Gloria, you're my hero!) conferences in someone at CCS Billing.

CCS billing: explain please.
Me: you guys are not sending me the sensors saying BC is not authorizing due to missing documentation. I have BC on the line, and they don't even see an order coming from you.
CCS billing: ah... don't know. Let me get CCS pump supplies on the line.

[...]

CCS pump supplies: explain please.
Me: you were supposed to send my sensor order on 1/24. You didn't because you claimed the insurance company did not authorize shipment due to documentation missing. BC, can you please confirm you have no clue what they are talking about?
BC: no clue, confirmed. They should just send the request.
CCS billing: mute
CCS pump supplies: wait a sec... no, you're right, this isn't BC, it's our own internal documentation team requirement.

At this point I exploded. I admit I yelled. I even swore once, I think.

Me: WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!! IF MY DOCTOR THINKS I NEED THIS, AND MY INSURANCE COMPANY AGREES, WHO THE HELL SAID YOU CAN DECIDE NOT TO SEND ME MY SUPPLIES AND PUT MY LIFE AT RISK?!!!

CCS billing: mute
BC: mute
CCS pump supplies: ah... well, there's nothing I can do, we have to wait until tomorrow.
Me: NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
CCS pump: ok... wait, let me get a supervisor.

[...]

CCS supervisor: explain please
Me: angrily going through the story again, also mentioning that they lied to me about why this was being held up, and that it is a significant health issue.
CCS supervisor: well, I'm sure documentation had a reason but

[call drops]

ARGH!

Well, I called again, but couldn't get anyone but the lady in billing (Wanda, you are also my hero!). But she got off the phone and went to look for the supervisor (Brian) and found him, and HE did some stuff (Brian, you are my other hero!) and called me back 20m later to say "seems like a miscommunication here. We'll take care of it, and you'll get your shipment on Thursday".

In between, I cried for 10m out of sheer frustration.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home