Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New beginnings

I toured another independent school today, out of a half dozen recently.

This comes on account of the kids current school utterly failing to serve our son, and to add to my guilt as a parent, for a long while I believed them. So poor Joshua got a lot of anger and frustration from me, for no reason other than that the adults that his well-being was entrusted to failed miserably and consistently in meeting his needs, even though they were paid very well to do just that. When you make the choice to pay $20,000 a year for something you can get for free, I believe that you have every right to expect better.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. More importantly, today I was blown away. It finally - finally! - felt like the enormous associated expense would be justified. I fell in love with the place. I truly hope the kids like it too. Yes, it will be much less convenient for us parents. Who cares?

I just wish I did better due diligence and learned of it four years ago when we first signed them up. Notch another one for parental guilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home