Thursday, September 09, 2010

5 things about Israel in summer

Things I forgot about Israel in summer (I have avoided the it on my last few trips, so it's been about a decade since my last summer trip). To make this readable, I am listing them below, one per comment:

1) It's friggin' humid. It gets comparably hot back home, but not so darn wet. I now remember why I used to shower twice a day in summer.

2) The Mediterranean waters are warm. I was walking along the beach gingerly avoiding the water when a big wave came ashore. I cringed expecting the chill of the ocean water, and was pleasantly surprised when the water lapped my feet. Salty yes, but oh so wonderful.

3) The women on those beaches - or at least the one in Haifa - are oh so pretty. But where did all the blondes come from?

4) People really don't expect you to be courteous. I was walking down the aisle in a drugstore and reached an intersection when two women were crossing perpendicular to me. Naturally, I stopped to let them through. They stopped too. For a couple seconds, we literally stared at each other - me in discomfort, they in puzzlement. And that's just one example.

5) Everybody's got a great tan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home