Sunday, September 05, 2010

Abbott Navigator v1.5 - The Opening

Alright,

So I just landed in Israel, and have reached my parents' home, where the v1.5 Navigator was waiting for me. I wanted to share my first impressions with y'all together with some pictures.


First of all, one thing that is definitely more efficient is the packaging. I used a magazine next to the new box for illustrative purposes.







For those wondering where this one is manufactured, the label clearly shows that pretty much the entire thing is made in California.

This irritates me to a great degree; we have no availability of these units in the US even though they are made in the US! I had to fly to Israel to get one, for heaven's sake.









Here you go, proof positive of the version number.














The new calibration page, with the new intervals and 1-hour start time.














The new packaging on the inside. It's similar to v1.0, but packed more tightly.













And here they are, side by side. Completely identical externally.

I have already opened the battery compartment (I'll follow up with another side-by-side comparison later) and checked the quality of the build for the battery connectors. They are bigger and a much better fit inside the compartment than before, so hopefully no more soldering of loose connectors... although who knows. I wonder if there are other minor improvements in the design that are not immediately obvious.









On the back - see the difference? the new one says "rev B".





New sensor will go in about 3 hours from now. I will post more later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear MORE!

@curet1diabetes

Sunday, September 05, 2010 8:49:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Any update on your unit? is it working out for you? can you still hook up with an Israeli delivery, then mail or fedex? I have relatives in California if that helps.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Blinkered said...

Working very well; the biggest positive impacts have been the 1-hour start time (which makes it easy to simply restart if sensors go nuts, which they sometimes do), the configurable alert periods, and the autobacklight. The unit seems to hold up better, too, at least from my experience with the three different v1.0's I had gone through previously.
Yes, I can still arrange for the Israel mailing, but I think Abbott is just about to release these here, no?

Thursday, December 16, 2010 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.abbottcareers.com/JobBoard/Results

Abbott hasn't hired the positions to get FDA approval to sell here. I will be getting one "grey market". Please email me directly at evon@avisassoc.com if you are willing to help. I have a price of $1700 in England, but no contact there yet.

Monday, January 10, 2011 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home