Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Dexcom knowledge

So my calibration cable has died.

Now this sucks big time; it means the Dexcom is basically slowly becoming unusable, as I cannot provide it with calibration results. I really can't wait for the software update that will allow me to enter calibration results without requiring the cable connection.

I spoke to tech support who are sending a new cable out, but the lady also provided another useful tidbit of information: she suggested that I keep the cable inside the One Touch at all times, which should prolong the life of the cable's wiring.

This does make sense in a way, although one begins to worry about the life of the tip as it gets compressed a bit in the compartment. We'll wait and see. All I need is for the darn thing to last another two months or so, anyway.

Also, I want to say this again: Dexcom is an awesome company, at least from my point of view as a customer. Many kudos again and again to all the folks there. I can't praise you enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home