Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ah, yes

I am planning a short trip to Israel and was working my schedule and trying to book my hotels... when I realized again how much Israel marches to the beat of a different... um, Tuba?

Like it's a whole different instrument.

The reason I was reminded of that was that I tried booking two nights in a hotel up north that I like. They have regular rooms, suites, and one apartment suite, and I tried booking a suite.

The reservation was confirmed, then declined.

So I called them and asked what was going on.

They said the hotel was full. I asked if all suites were booked, too. They squirmed but said yes. Then I asked if the apartment suite was booked. The lady asks me how many people in my party. I say one. She says it's booked too.

Here is the thing - I KNOW it's not booked. Why? because prodding a bit allowed me to find out that they won't rent suites or the apartment to single guests... they are reserved for families.

Yup, that's right. They would rather have the rooms empty than rent them to a single guy wanting a bigger room.

Huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home