Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dexcom on the rise

OK, this is almost too funny to be true.

As you recall, recently I wrote about how impressed I was with Dexcom, so impressed that I decided to buy some shares in the company for nothing more than my belief that a company with such a great product and customer focus deserves to succeed. I really hadn't looked at fundamentals much, and anyway, companies at this stage are usually still destined to fail.

I picked up the shares at $4.20. Remember, this was about a week ago.

Imagine my surprise today when I looked at Yahoo Finance and since I checked Dexcom a week ago when I bought it, the quote came up automatically. It closed the day at $5.48. That's a, what, 30% increase in a week?

How funny. My sentiment was apparently prescient. Now I'm going to actually examine the company's financials and such; may end up that I found a golden nugget by completely and purposefully not looking for it. One thing I already saw; the three analysts covering it have a median target price of $10 in the next 12 months.

Huh.

Might be worth picking up a lot more. I guess what they say is true... better be lucky than smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home