Friday, January 25, 2008

Immediate observation

Whether this is because of the sensor itself or because of the placement I don't know.

But my new sensor located in my upper arm is already showing the strongest performance "out of the gate" of any sensor I've used thus far. What do I mean by that? three main things:

  • It was the most accurate "on first reading" than any sensor I ever had
  • It started with the most stable trend graph than any other sensor
  • It has no erratic readings (what I like to call "jumpers", those mysterious slightly up and down readings that look like a scattergraph and seem to be common during the first 10-12 hours of a new sensor)
I am mostly impressed with the stable line. I am used to sensors taking a couple of days before they reach some sort of equilibrium in interpretation of raw readings. During that "stabilization period", the graph would never be a continuing line, but rather, exhibit slowly converging erratic behavior, with the occasional reading jumping up or down then coming back to continue the previous line.

This is not happening with the new sensor. And this also tracks closely to what others have said about upper arm placement. I am really liking this at this point, we'll see what will happen over time before I pass judgment though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home