Saturday, March 27, 2010

Two out of three aint bad

Just received the notice from California Supreme Court, Walnut Creek.

I have, after all, been found not guilty of excessive speeding.

This marks the second successful complete reversal of a speeding ticket I have been able to attain, out of three attempts in less than 18 months, by utilizing all the options that the law affords me to defend myself. In both cases I went for maximum extensions, then filed my defense through a trial by written declaration. In the third case, by the way, I received a reduced offense (and saved about $600 in the process).

Not too shabby. I look forward to getting my $380 back from the Contra Costa country treasurer. That will pay for the radar detector I just bought (finally!).

I do have to say though; fighting these things is more than worth the hassle. And it can be fun too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home