Sunday, January 04, 2009

Statistics

Well, now that I have been on the Nav for roughly 3 weeks, the statistics - combined with how my body feels - again seem to point the significant mismatch between the One Touch (and therefore the Dex) and the Freestyle (and thus the Nav).

Consider the following statistics from the Nav:

Average BG over 1 day - 141
Avg BG/3 days - 156
Avg BG/7 days - 159
Avg BG/14 days - 167
Avg BG/21 days - 169

Notice the trend?

I've been complaining to my doctor for the last year or so that my A1C's do not seem to reflect my meter results, which is weird because it has never happened to me before. A1C would point to an average roughly 30-35 higher than the meter did. Well, if indeed the meter was consistently showing me numbers that were 30-35 points lower than reality... that would explain it. And guess what? about 14 months ago I switched from my Freestyle Flash to a Onetouch Ultra because the Dex required the latter for calibrations.

By the way, this has now been repeatedly confirmed by double tests I am now doing regularly comparing OT and FS results, on the two hand-held meters I have. OT consistently points lower. But over 20 years I was used to treating myself according to the results from the FS (and before that, the Glucometer Elite, but those two were very similar), so this would easily and routinely throw me out of whack.

I don't really have enough data to go on yet, but if this pans out... dear god. Whodathunkit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home