Saturday, December 15, 2007

Travel

Bernard raises a good question in response to my last posting, which is worth repeating:

What impact does the Dexcom system have on travel?

There is no way on earth that I will be removing or discarding a $60 sensor just because I have to fly somewhere. But I do need to travel quite frequently (the only reason this hasn't been an issue yet is the time of the year).

I guess there are two questions here:

1) is there an issue with airport security?
2) is it safe to let the Dexcom go through the metal detector and the scanner?

If anyone from Dexcom would like to respond here, please do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernard said...

It's certainly safe to send the receiver through the scanner. I've done that about four times now.

I've not made it through the system without something setting it off. And when I'm wanded the transmitter/sensor does trigger the wand. But I don't know whether that's enough by itself. Because my medicalert bracelet also triggers the wand and my Cozmo pump seems to. So I think the wand is more sensitive.

I would love to get a definitive word from Dexcom. But I really don't think they read the blogs, which is a shame.

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home