Friday, December 21, 2007

Getting Dexcom raw sensor data

So a couple days ago I decided to try and figure out if I can extract the "hidden data" that is part of the Dexcom Seven data objects. Specifically, I would like to find the Dexcom equivalent of the Guardian's ISIG readings - the measurement of electronic pulses that the sensor utilizes to determine blood sugars.

Anyhow, I started by trying to figure out where stuff is stored. The Dexcom software is a ClickOnce application, so it's structure is a bit different. I found that the data files are under C:\dexcom, and the program files under C:\profiles\username\local settings\apps\2.0

I then looked at the data files and found that the actual data is compressed. It is also signed with Sha1, but it is not encrypted.

I just figured out that the compression library used for the data objects is ICSharpZip, which is one of the default libraries available with C# (or .Net). The DLL is part of the program files, so there is no mystery there.

Here is the problem: I am not a programmer. Can anyone point me to how I can use this library to decompress the portions of the data files that are compressed? I know visual basic is "part of" Excel and such, at least to a degree; can anyone give me a sense of how to write a simple call to make this happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home