Thursday, December 20, 2007

Life with the Dex, part Deux

Another thing I have discovered, now being on my third sensor, is the "2 days have passed and it is starting to itch" phase.

It happened with every other sensor. Sometime on the day after my second night with it, the area where the sensor is located starts itching a little. Nothing major, but it's distracting, and of course, you can't scratch the itch - or even close to it, because of the adhesive tab.

Interestingly, it more or less passes after 24 hours. I wonder if it has to do with the adhesive more than the actual sensor. It doesn't affect readings in any way, and it could conceivably also be entirely psychological. But that it always happens around the same time makes that unlikely.

I haven't read anywhere about anyone mentioning this, so it might also be unique to me. Statistically, though, that is also unlikely.

Speaking of psychological impacts, the sensors do carry some. One is the constant worry that they don't get hit, and more importantly, shoved or scraped hard. The main difference for me is with my kids. I used to roll around with them and rough-house a bit regularly. Now I'm a little sheepish, because I keep worrying about the sensor getting ripped out by mistake. I'm not sure how to solve this problem. I'd love more education around how well they handle bumps and grinds - are they designed to withstand this sort of thing? does a sensor's performance get impacted by a hit? a scrape? a twist? does it continue to work normally as long as it's in, or is it sensitive to "re-seating" that might occur because of jostling? I can't find any information about all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home