Sunday, March 21, 2010

Healthcare

I just want to say something, hours before Congress votes: if the dems don't find a way to pass healthcare legislation, I in turn refuse to vote for the senate and congress in the next election. Simple as that. And I do mean pass it, not just today's vote, but the subsequent one after the Senate messes around with it some more.

No way on earth is the republican party gaining my vote - not after having firmly established themselves in the past 12 months as the most obstinate group of whiners who want to further absolutely no causes just so they could happily point fingers come November. I am amazed that anyone should vote for them considering the way they have trod upon anything and everything in terms of their service to the people of this country. But populism is cheap and effective, whereas actually doing something requires vision, courage and determination.

Which brings me to democrats, who were handed the power and failed to use it, because they couldn't get their heads around thinking further than the next election. Sad, really. But they have a chance to prove themselves with this, and I hope they do. Otherwise, I will stay away from the polls. Who cares who wins then? the party who refuses to change anything on matter of principle, or the party who doesn't on matter of being chicken shits? either way, it means no change.

As for Obama... I will make one exception and vote from him (and no one else). For what it's worth, he is trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home