Monday, March 30, 2009

Bravery... or foolishness?

For the past 9 months or so, I have been regularly shaving myself, you know, down there.

While providing a number of delightful benefits - improved sensation, little to no sweating (not to mention nasty odors) even in very hot weather, and much greater access for partners who are so inclined - there a number of disadvantages to shaving. For one, it's hard to see what you're doing, aiming is difficult, and thus you are bound to get a somewhat unsatisfying result. Moreover, just like with a beard, shaving can produce ingrown hairs... which in this case can hurt like a serious MFer. Furthermore, I have found rashes to be rather common unless the whole process is done with the utmost care - which can easily take an hour. That's a lot of messing around.

I have been looking for better solutions, but have failed to find them - until today, when my wonderful wife called me and happily announced that her esthetician will "do" men as well as women. So I called and scheduled an appointment for the afternoon.

So here's the deal, guys: don't ever talk to me about bravery, because until you go and get yourself waxed there, you simply have no idea. Unless you have personally stormed the beaches at Normandy, I beat you, hands down. The lady who did it was absolutely delightful, wonderful, professional, and utterly, cold-blooded-murderer vicious in getting through her job. Like, Oww. Oww oww oww. I think every man should do this once just to understand what women go through to give men that "clean look".

To be perfectly honest, though, it's not that bad. Sure, it hurts - and hurts real bad in the more delicate areas. But it's a momentary pain, a few seconds and then it tempers off. The result is fantastic, totally clean and smooth everywhere (I got my behind too), and the skin is nowhere as irritated as it tends to be after a shave. And from what I understand, if you stick with it, it gets better with time.

As a side note, if you have any idea that this could somehow be erotic, let me give you the address to the SF Citadel because, dude, you seriously need to go there.

1 Comments:

Blogger R@nsh! said...

You need to see this: http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/index_bg.html

Friday, June 05, 2009 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home