Thursday, March 26, 2009

Two down, one to go

So about 4 months ago I identified three very specific keys to our personal financial recovery... that is, three things that we needed to make happen in order to get back on our feet. They were all dependent on us putting in the effort to try and engineer them, but we had no control of the outcome.

Well, we've just knocked out the second. And the third is in progress and looking positive.

I'm not sure if it actually means anything in a grander scale, but my friend Heather put it this way to me yesterday when I called to inform her of the news: out of all her friends, the few that seem to be getting good news in the recent 2-3 weeks are those who have maintained a positive attitude mixed in with grim determination to make things happen. So maybe there's a lesson here to remember in the future. Never give up even when the world seems to want to suffocate you. And keep smiling.

Personally, I'm thrilled with the progress. Amazing what 4 months and lots of banging head repeatedly against numerous walls can do.

On a different topic, I've been recently discussing with a few folks what I think is the biggest outrage currently taking place in this country, one that nobody seems to be talking about because they are so focused on trivial nonsense like AIG bonuses. I am getting serious encouragement to let the world know these thoughts. Normally I would be writing, but somehow it seems too weak. So I've decided to embark on a new medium for me. I'm going to find the time in the next few days to make this into a Youtube video. Once it's posted, I'll point you there.

Unless, of course, I chicken out at the last minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home