Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Muse

Last thursday night I went to dinner with a lady I have known for over a year, and had an absolutely fabulous time (when was the last time you had a 3-hour dinner that only ended because one of the parties had other plans they had to get to? I thought so). It really was quite magical in a way, and I left with the wonderful sense of her essence that lingered all the way home and through the night.

Then I woke up and wrote. It has been a long while since I've written any meaningful poetry, but it was something I used to enjoy doing; I simply lost all my muses and the well seemed to have dried up. Well, it sprung again.

So I want to say this: thank you, M. It's a rare thing to find in someone, but your willingness to just go wherever our convoluted conversation took us, to let your feelings show and your inner self to reflect in your face and your colors, made you quite beautiful to me that night. So much so that you allowed me to connect to a dormant and powerful part of me that had gone AWOL for so long.

Thank you, M, for being my muse.

Oh, and here's the poem. Would be wrong not to share.

==
Ripples
Flowing through
Slicing hard
Pain

Hope
Shining elsewhere
Eternal spark
Here

A night
Eruption, Crying
Feeling wrong
Being right
The truth comes out
Tears of exhaustion
Hurt of confusion
Pleasure of numbness
Joyfully spent
Darkness sets way for dawn

New night
New life
New ripples
of energy
Bright
She is vibrant
Her colors
Emanating
Pulsating
Sensual
Desiring Touch
Wanting to Feel
Offer of Sanctuary

She says friend
Her body says love
She lays a boundary
Her eyes speak louder
She lets out a word
She bares her soul
Strong
Injured
Longing
Softness

Inifinite tenderness
Pouring out
A safe haven
A place to fall
A place to share
A place to hold
will she take it?
will she accept?

Power
Spirits connecting
Intensity unfolds
Vulnerable

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home