Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thank you Paulson!

No, I'm not being sarcastic... I am truly grateful that this guy is where he is. Like most others, I have very low regard for the Bush presidency, but oh boy, credit should be given where due, and Paulson is worth lots of credit.

Actually, screw that. He's worth lots of dollars to me. To us. To all of us.

Do you realize just how awesome of a deal we just go for AIG? 80% stake, loan at 8.5% over LIBOR... this is not a government bailout, this is private vulture sale with all the trimmings. The Fannie and Freddie bailouts also have a pretty nifty return, with that juicy dividend. I mean, people, this guy is making us all a little bit richer, day by friggin day. I'm sure Buffet, who tried to buy AIG himself with terms that I am sure could not have been much farther away than Paulson's, must be sitting in his office scratching his head wondering how he missed this one.

And on to another topic: who wanted Goldman shares for $100 and didn't get any? nailing that was one of the most fun trades I had executed in a long time. Sure it might go a bit lower, but this is one stock I expect to truly outperform, and $100 is what I call fun. I'm still wondering whether to jump back in to BAC, after having had my second most successful short-term trade of the year with them in the summer (50% in 3 weeks), but the Goldman one elicited no confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home