Friday, August 01, 2008

Ubuntu and Windows

So I finally broke down and added a WinXP partition as a dual boot to my existing Ubuntu one, just so I can handle the Dexcom.

Resizing the Ubuntu partition was easy peasy with the live CD - just boot to the CD, run the partition manager, pick a size, and off you go. Pretty nifty, like most Ubuntu stuff as I've come to learn.

Then I spent the next five - that's FIVE - hours installing WinXP pro on the new partition. Holy moly, I didn't even realize how much of a good thing Ubuntu was until I had to install XP today. My XP partition is STILL not fully operational - a bunch of Lenovo specific stuff isn't working, wireless is kaput, and so on and so forth. Thinking back to the 35 minutes start-to-finish-fully-operating-and-with-all-applications-installed-and-updated Ubuntu installation, I had to smile.

But the Dexcom problem is indeed solved, which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the problem resides with the Silicon Labs UART bridge driver. At least I know that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home