Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ups and downs

I know I'm not the only one feeling this way...

It's a mix. It's when things all seem to be going your way, where you are getting closer and closer to a major goal, one that will change your life... but the closer you get, the larger the pitfalls and the farther you have to fall.

I'm playing with larger stakes than I ever did, in a playground that is quite different than the previous ones, with kids who are bigger and smarter and usually nicer but sometimes a lot meaner. I can almost feel it, the triumph, the sense of elation that comes with achieving something big. But it can all disappear in an instant, and until the fat lady sings, it ain't over... and if this one implodes, the pain will be greater than I ever experienced, not only from the fall, but from having gotten so close.

So sing for me, lady. I want to hear the sweet sound of your melody. Because the constant thrill can actually be a little tiring sometimes. And I want to catch a breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home