Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tender

Sorry for the long hiatus... I've been finding myself somewhat "blocked" recently, not able to express myself in a way that makes sense.

Anyway.

Today I had lunch with someone I have appreciated for years, someone who signifies for me my "new life". I met him here as a client and I grew to admire him as a man and role model. He is smart and successful, kind and gentle, a mentor and, I have recently learned to say, a friend. I cannot say enough good things about this person, but he has touched my soul in so many ways that I cannot begin to describe.

Today he made me cry.

We were talking a bit about our paths in life and suddenly he tells me, with no warning, offhand, "you know, I look at you as a son". Now, he meant it in a specific way, that he tries to deal me as he does his son, mentor me the same way. But coming from him... I lost my words, then lost control as tears came to me eyes.

It took me at least 30 seconds to be able to speak again. I felt rather stupid by my reaction, and for making him uncomfortable. But I couldn't help it. He hit right where it hurts the most. He made me feel worthy.

I just hope I deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home