Thursday, December 06, 2007

First night, first shower, and more thoughts

First of all, the trending thing I was mentioning still seems to be holding true, whatever the reason. I do realize the Dex doesn't measure blood levels but electrical currents, but I think it would work more or less the same way I described. Anyway, it has for the 24 hours I've been on it *smile*

I have now had the first couple of major glitches with the device:

1) around 9PM yesterday night I tried a new calibration test. Dex took it fine it seemed. Went to sleep. Around 3AM I was woken up by an alarm - the Dex wanted me to provide a new calibration test. Huh? I thought the 9PM one should be sufficient to carry me through to the morning.

2) I lost so many readings through the night that the data is almost meaningless. I don't necessarily think it's directly related to transmitter range (see point 3). However, something IS messed up here, and if I can't get good night-time graphs, that will immediately reduce the efficacy of this as a control tremendously. Any suggestions on how to make this work properly during the night? I was sleeping with the unit next to the bed, which is really just a mattress on the floor right now (our furniture mostly staged in our old house which we are trying to sell). Then after it woke me up at 3AM I put it literally next to my body on the bed, and it still missed most readings. In other words, it was never more than 2 feet away. Am I doing something wrong?

3) Had my first shower with the sensor/transmitter today. No problem. It also raised an interesting point about range; I left the receiver in the bedroom and for at least 20 minutes was more than 20 feet away from it - AND I was in the shower. Receiver kept registering measurements throughout. So the night-time problem is not strictly a range issue. I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the way our body functions in sleep?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home