Monday, December 03, 2007

Three days, one hour... and counting

Had a chat with the Dexcom trainer this morning, and we have a date set up for Thursday at 4PM. The kit should arrive tuesday or wednesday - assuming they sent it Friday morning like they said they would - which means I will have 24-48 hours of building up my excitement before I get "fitted".

Not sure if this is a good thing. I think I'll have to ask my wife to hide the sensors from me so I don't try to do it on my own.

On another front, seems like I started losing weight again. Got the first 20 lbs off (from 237 to 217) over several months, then plateaued for several more. Checked again this morning about 3 weeks since last time and I'm down another 5 to 212. 20 more to go! I fully attribute this to my recent shift towards a lower-carb approach. While I still eat carbs, what I've done is limit most of my carb intake to one meal a day, trying to mostly stay off them for the other meal (I rarely eat breakfast), thus effectively reducing my overall carb intake by about 40%. Seems to work, and it's also eminently sustainable. I'm also grazing more but it's largely carb-free (olives, pickles, tomatoes, a bit of cheese, that sort of thing) and it doesn't seem to hurt. Interestingly, my overall calorie intake has stayed roughly the same, so something else is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home