Monday, July 24, 2006

Viruses Mk II

If you read my previous entry on this issue, you know by now that Gateway had sent me a recovery CD/DVD for my M460 laptop that came complete with a virus.

While I considered it an amusing story for sure, I mainly felt pity for both Gateway's customers who received the CD, and the poor sod in the lab who allowed the mistake to happen. Otherwise I forgot about it.

Well, today I receive a Fedex from Gateway, with a new disc and a letter. In the letter they mention, without going into specifics, that the previous disc sent to me may have caused a problem and that I should try again with this new one. They also included a free - and entirely useless, apparently, seeing as it didn't help them catch that virus in the first place... ok, ok, I'm just poking fun - one-year subscription to McAfee anti-virus...

Oh, the irony.

Of course, they also want me to send them the other disc back. Uh huh. No way, guys; that one I'm keeping. It's just too darn amusing to give it back to you. Maybe if you offer me something else (start by refunding the cost of the CD, then we can talk), I'll hand it back.

Otherwise, it stays right here. My precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home