Sunday, January 15, 2006

Kids are amazing

We just put our son to sleep, and as usual I went in first then my wife went in second. We have certain night-time rituals, and because of his age, he is now in the stage of "using pullups for accidents".

Anyhow, his grandma happened to buy a pack of pullups the other day, and they were not the usual ones we buy, instead of bunnies they have Dragon Tales characters in them. He has adamantly refused to wear them, and we were getting a little sick with him about this issue.

Well tonight he had to wear one because we had run out of the other kind. But he was still refusing to, and my wife ended up having to force it upon him, crying and all. Then we had the breakthrough. When he was fully dressed, she tried to start singing the Dragontales theme song to him and he immediately stopped her, clung to her really hard and started forming a sentence between the sobs. It went something like this: "mommy... mommy I don't want Dragon Tales pullups... I don't want to go to Dragonland".

Aha!

So wife hugs him and says that the pullups won't send him to Dragonland, that the TV show was just pretend like in the books we read, and that there is no real Dragonland. And he says "Dragonland is on TV and just pretend... but I don't want other kids mommies and daddies and little sisters in Dragonland, I want MY mommy and MY daddy and MY little sister".

Melts my heart. What a sweetie. Gosh, how much I love this kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home