Friday, January 06, 2006

I am in awe

I just left my son's room after night-night and... as almost always, I am overflowing with emotion. Any of you that are parents must know just how rewarding, how amazingly fulfilling kids really are. It's completely inexplicable. We read a book, and then we "read just a little one" more, and then "daddy can we do one last one?" so we did. And then he grabbed my hand and looked at me and said "you can't go". And he was right, I couldn't. It was just so sweet...

So we played a bit and giggled a bit and then he got out of bed and put imaginary "sticky tape" across the door so I can't open it. And I looked at him, and I said "Joshi, daddy's tummy is rumbling because I am hungry and I want to eat dinner and go to sleep". And he tought about this for a second, then clipped open all the sticky tape, and said "OK, daddy, you can go, your tummy needs to be full". And he gave me a hug and a kiss and let me out.

So instead of going to eat I am writing this. Any wonder?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home