Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finale

I gave her my heart
she wanted more;
I showed her her heart
she said "no more".

I showed her my love
she didn't buy it
I placed in her my trust
she didn't want it.

I stood by to help
and support
trying to prove
fervently hoping
to somehow hold on
for I had glimpsed
her softness
her magic
and a love that
could know
no bounds.

And then
she says "you lie"
she says
"you really meant nothing,
we really had nothing"
she says "I'm done,
now,
and forever more".

And she adds
"it's how it's always been,
and will be,
all those hateful words,
they were intended
to strike
and hurt
and cause you pain
so I can feel
that you're with me
in a pain that's my own".

And now she's gone
not before making certain
merely minutes after
to let me know
that her freedom and magic
and spirit
and joy
are regained
and are whole.

And my heart is shattered
and my spirit is sunk
and my dignity gone
and I have nowhere to go
and through the pain
and the tears
of love undone
the memory of her eyes
her look of amazement
her sense of joy
her desire, and passion,
and lust,
and calm
in my arms
and at being with me
make it unbearable

Fool I have been
Nowhere to hide
no way to breath
nowhere to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home