Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Arm experiment - first sensor is done

Not really the sensor's fault, it was still working just fine.

However, the glue that was holding it together evaporated due to the additional pressure put on an arm site by shirt sleeves constantly pulling at it. I had athlete's tape over the top part for the past few days, but sometime during the night the bottom part came free too and, well, that's where the sensor actually is. So it pulled out.

It lasted almost two weeks again, and I am certain it would have lasted quite a few days more had it not met an untimely death. It had provided better results all around, more accurate and with less delay on trends. Thus my new one is up on my other arm.

It was an interesting experience trying to put one on all by myself; I had to keep reminding myself that the side/back of the upper arm is a favorite injection spot for insulin, so nothing unusual about this. I've never used it for that purpose and it was still weird, but I managed to do it all by myself. I'm rather pleased with that.

The other thing worthy of note is that the pokey hole normally left behind is a lot noticeable on the arm than it was on my abdomen. I have a sense that it will heal faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home